Our cars should be clean, and we all like it that way. Most people take their vehicles to a car wash every week. But actually, we should wash our cars ourselves. We are not machines that will clean the car casually without details. We can show our cars some love. When we wash our cars by hand, it will be more detailed and more hygienic than a machine wash.
But, is it an easy task? What should you be careful about during your car wash? Don’t worry, here we will explain what you need to know and why doing your car wash “yourself” is much better than using a machine.
Things you need to know before doing your car wash
- The first thing you need is a soft cloth to use during your car wash.
- Never wash your car with a brush on the paint. That is a bad idea. It will shorten the lifespan of your car’s paint and polish.
- The best time to pick for a car wash is a cool evening or early morning. Don’t do it under the sun.
- Do not use hot or cold water; wash your car at all times with warm water.
- During your car wash, do not forget to wet your car frequently.
- Do not wash your car with dish soap. There are substances called car shampoos that are safer for your car and give the best car wash results.
How can I do my car wash?
- First, rinse the dirt on the wheels and fenders before starting to wash your car. These regions are the most polluted areas of your car, so it is important to remove mud and dirt in this region before using shampoo. This way, the dirt can be thrown from the wheels and rims, and we can prevent damage to your car’s paint.
- You can clean your tires with a stiff brush comfortably. But for the rims, you should pay more attention since they can get scratched as well. So, a softer brush or a cloth as you will use on the car body would be much better. But be careful not to use the same cloth on the body paint during the car wash. Tiny dirt particles that can be stuck in the cloth will scratch the paint.
- Wash your car in regions such as the top, back, front, and sides separately with a generous amount of water and time. In other words, water the top, shampoo it, wipe it, rinse it with plenty of water, and move to the next region. Repeat this process for all sides.
- Follow this order while washing: the car’s top, back, front, and sides. This way, you will keep the areas you already washed cleaner.
- In the end, rinse the whole car from top to bottom and make sure you provide water access to every part of your car.
Important Notes For Your Car
• Do not forget to polish your car twice a year. Do not allow damage and fading of the color of your car.
• Always keep your car clean.
• Avoid exposing your car to sunlight.
• Clean the inside of your car at least once a month.
• The most important thing you need to pay attention to about the polishing process is doing a thorough car wash before. And you must also be sure that your car does not come into contact with sunlight while polishing.
Tip: You can find more tips for doing your own car wash and cleaning your car by clicking the “tags” below.