Moving into a new home can be a daunting prospect. Therefore, it is important to check your work through a Moving Checklist. Once you have chosen a new house or apartment, plan every stage of the move so that you will have sufficient time to finish the preparations. You must know what to do before moving day. This article will help you as a moving checklist, including some moving tips.
Be sure to allow enough money to cover movers, cleaning, and buying new possessions. If you are buying a home, have the structure checked properly by professionals.
Moving Checklist: Preparations Before Moving Day
• Making preparations in the days before a move:
Once you have finalized your plans to move, allow several weeks to make preparations so that you will not be swamped with work as the moving day approaches. You can handle this article as a moving checklist before the moving day, it suggests arrangements to make at these times.
Moving Checklist: Making Inventory
Write an inventory to show every item that you intend to move.
• Inspecting new home: Ask service people to show you locations of water shutoff.s, meters, the water tank, and water heaters.
• Checking appliances: Find out if any appliances will be left in your new home.
Making Floor Plans
Moving Checklist: Insuring Items
Arrange to have all your possessions insured during the move.
Organizing Child Care
Arrange to have small children elsewhere during the move;
• Briefing a moving company: Send a copy of your inventory to the moving company. Brief them on items that need special care.
• Laundering: Start to launder clothes and bedding so that they arc ready to pack.
• Start to pack up living areas, unless a moving company will be doing the packing for you. Leave your curtains in place to ensure privacy.
• Packing appliances Find the instruction manuals for any appliances so that you can see how to pack them properly.
Moving Checklist: Checking Moving Times
Packing Essential Items
- Pack a box of food and household supplies to keep on hand during the move.
- Moving houseplants: Water plants well.
- Cleaning appliances: Empty and clean the refrigerator and freezer.
- Moving pets: Take pets to kennels.
Moving Checklist: Preparing to Move
Make lists of preparations to carry out in your existing home before a move, and of people to inform of a move. Make these lists several weeks in advance. If you need family or friends to help, ask them well in advance.
Moving Checklist: Making Arrangements
Organize necessary tasks such as repairs and movers well before the moving day. Reconfirm your arrangements a couple of days before you move, in case there are any last- minute changes of plan. Notify family, friends, and official bodies of your change of address.
Moving Checklist: Planning Ahead
Moving Checklist: Whom to Notify Before a Move
Contact at least two weeks before a move.
• Banks and financial groups.
• Social Security.
• Insurance companies.
Notify schools immediately. And contact other groups at least two weeks in advance.
• Local tax office.
• Postal service.
Arrange services for your new home two weeks in advance. Gas and electricity suppliers. Water supplier. Telephone companies.
Tell family and friends, and any other personal contacts, at least one week in advance. Doctor and dentist. Employer. Family and friends.
Organizing Yourself and Others
Whether you use a moving company or ask friends to help you, make all the necessary arrangements well before a move. Make sure that anyone driving a moving van has directions for finding your new home. Confirm the plans a couple of days beforehand.
Moving Checklist: Moving Items Yourself
• Move all fragile and valuable objects yourself. If you are using a car, do not leave it unattended during the move.
• Lock it into the glove compartment of a car.
• Audio equipment: Fit boxes securely into a car trunk.
• Money: Carry small supplies of cash in a purse or fanny pack and in your pockets.
• Documents: Carry important papers in a bag or a briefcase.
Moving Checklist: Using Movers
Moving Checklist: Managing Helpers
Tip: For more information on the Moving and Moving Checklist, you can click on the “tags” below.