Heating and Cooling
What do you know about heating and cooling? How would you like to increase your knowledge of home air conditioning? In this article, you can read everything about heating and cooling tips for your home. The most important keyword in this regard is “isolation”. The initial expenditure on insulation could easily be recouped in just a couple of years.
Heating and Cooling Tips: A Cool Home
Insulate allies to limit the anion ill of heat entering your home. Heat rises, so open attic and upstairs windows in hot weather to let hot air escape. The hottest windows are those that face south and west protect them with blinds, curtains, or awnings, and shady trees. Walls absorb heat, so paint them with light color’s to reflect heat and sunlight. Weather-strip doors to prevent heat loss from drafts.
Heating and Cooling Tips: A Warm Home
At least 25 percent of heal loss is through the roof dramatically reduce this loss by using attic insulation. Chimneys can let in drafts, so block the unused fireplaces. Up to 10 percent of heat is lost through windows – use weather stripping, storm windows, and heavy curtains to reduce this. A third of a house’s heat is lost through uninsulated walls call in an expert to insulate them properly. Ground floors can lose 16 percent of a home’s heat. You should get your floors insulated by a professional.
Heating and Cooling: Controlling temperatures
Insulation is the key to keeping your home warm. Shady trees, window awnings, and light-colored walls help keep your home cool in warm weather.
Reducing Heating and Cooling Bills
Heating and Cooling Tips: Cooling Bills
- Windows: Install awnings over sunny windows to shade them, or plant trees and climbing plants to provide shade.
- Fans: Install an attic fan to pull heat out of the house. A low-speed ceiling fan in the kitchen will be more efficient than a high-speed one.
- Air conditioners: Put air conditioners on the shadier side of the house, or put up awnings over them. Make sure you clean air filters regularly.
Heating and Cooling Tips: Heating Bills
- Thermostats: Turn down your central heating and hot water thermostats by a couple of degrees to save 10 percent off your electricity bills.
- Insulating: The heat-saving benefits of insulating hot-water pipes and cylinders will be noticeable almost immediately.
- Storm windows: Storm windows are expensive to install, but will eventually pay for themselves in savings on your heating bill.
- Floor insulation: Fill in cracks in floorboards, and insulate floors with carpets. Call an expert to insulate under the floor – it will be worth the cost in the long run.
- Attic insulation: A quarter of a home’s heat is lost through the roof. Prevent this by insulating the attic with fiberglass or other insulation.
- Weather stripping: Buy adhesive insulation strips for drafty doors and windows.
Tip: If you want to know everything you need to know about “Heating and Cooling Tips“, you can find much more information about this topic by clicking the “tags” below.